Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Indic Illustrator

I started work on Indic-illustrator in early 2009 - this was the time when I had realised that finding a comic artist was the most difficult task of all, and if it was difficult for me, someone who follows comics, imagine it for someone who has no connection with an ad agency - someone who works for an ad agency etc.

I was also at that time reaching out to international artists (based in south america and other places) which cost almost the same as our Indian artist, sometime even less.

so this flat world was another interesting thing.

I thought of integrating all of that into this idea, basically a version of Hire an illustrator

Sharing some images of the website concept.

This was a project I had worked long on, it was even my final year B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering degree thesis.




Saumin Patel and Harsho Mohan (who was an acquaintance back then) was gracious to allow me to use his artwork in the gallery -


Harsho Mohan even made a header for the website, since my own cartooning skills had developed little back then



This was even my diploma project for my B.Tech Computer Sciences and Engineering degree.











0 comments:

Post a Comment