Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Chinchin - Chacha and Tintin mashup

A long time I had this idea - to add Chacha Chaudhary in all Tintin covers. So I made some roughs

-
Obviously my skills were not that great back then, So I sat on this and never completed it. Until one day when someone met me after reading my political comics on Newslaundry.com.

This guy mentioned going through my blog and said that he liked this idea, and would love to have a print of the finished piece for his office. Then  I said chalo, complete karte hain.

In the next two weeks I finished them, but with an interesting twist - rather than just placing Chacha plainly in the posters I adapted the comics to an Indian context - thinking of new storylines. Most of these use real instances, stories and events. If you can't tell at the first look, search and you will find more.

The art of Tintin is heavily detailed and adapting these taught me one or two about how to use black objects and shine.

Enjoy.














You can buy these prints here http://imojo.in/d63fci

19 comments:

Pratik Anand said...

Hi Sumit, does putting it as T-Shirt and poster art will be copyright infringing. I see many Indian brands with Batman Superman art but no logo of DC comics on them. So, clearly they have not taken permission

Unknown said...

Hi, I'd really love the last panel on a t-shirt.

312B said...

Yes Pratik, it will be that's why I'm refraining from doing anything like that!

Hey Pulkit, I would like that also, but sadly its not my character :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikhil Prasad Ojha said...

Just saw the post. "This guy" has put the (framed) poster in his office, and it's AWSUM!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumit,

This is awesome work! So creative and lovely effort :)
Please make the last one as a T-shirt.. you can do that www.jackofallthreads.co

I for one, would definitely buy it! :D
Kudos!!

dreamality said...

I'd love a few prints. Please pm me at
Kapil.das@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi Sumir, This is great work you have done! Please mail me the prints @ nikhil.panther713@gmail.com

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

awesome work. love it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! Especially The Broken Ear.... pure genius!!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the prints.. please send me an email on mywebbuffer g , with a price.

Anonymous said...

I woud like to get some or maybe all prints. How can I get in touch with you?

injamaven said...

any problems from Tin-Tin? Really close spin-off.

Anand Kumar said...

अच्छी तस्वीरें बनाई हैं.. कार्टूनिस्ट प्राण कैसे react करते आपके काम पे ये तो पता नहीं लेकिन मुझे तो पसंद आई.. आपके ब्लॉग का लिंक अब ले जा के फेसबुक पे share करता हूँ :)

और मेरी मेल आई डी है anand.datamation@gmail.com अगर तस्वीरें भेज दें तो और ख़ुशी होगी :)

312B said...

Hi, Sumit here.

Anand, Anonymous, Nikhil, Kapil, Mindcravings - Please send your addresses to sumit(dot)drew(at)gmail(dot)com . I will ship you the prints free of cost - my tribute to cartoonist pran and herge'

Injamaven - no trouble yet. but i am not selling. just giving away prints to whoever likes them. You want one? :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOoONYDANCER said...

This is very cool!

Aditya Mehta said...

This is a great mashup. Illustration style is bang on! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumit,
Would it be ok if I used one of these pics in an online quiz? Due credit would be given of course.
Regards,
Aditi

Post a Comment